Correction of Error document
A Correction of Error (CoE) document should be published by the Service Manager for the service to which it applies. A CoE document should be published whenever a problem occurs - it shouldn't be necessary for the problem to have impacted the users of the service.
The CoE document should contain:
- What the problem was
- What the impact of the problem was
- What the root cause of the problem was
- Data that supports the root cause analysis
- What value tradeoffs were made that led to the problem
- The value tradeoffs that need to be avoided in the future
- Lessons that were learned
- Corrective actions that have been, or will be taken
- Elements of the better decision making guides that made a positive or negative contribution to the problem or its resolution.
The Correction of Error document may then be called upon for further examination during a Correction of Error process.